diamond İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) one of a suit of playing cards, stamped with the figure of a diamond.
- (noun) the smallest kind of type in english printing, except that called brilliant, which is seldom seen.
- (noun) a geometrical figure, consisting of four equal straight lines, and having two of the interior angles acute and two obtuse; a rhombus; a lozenge.
- (noun) a precious stone or gem excelling in brilliancy and beautiful play of prismatic colors, and remarkable for extreme hardness.
- (noun) the infield; the square space, 90 feet on a side, having the bases at its angles.
- (noun) a pointed projection, like a four-sided pyramid, used for ornament in lines or groups.
- (a.) resembling a diamond; made of, or abounding in, diamonds; as, a diamond chain; a diamond field.
diamond tanım:kelime: di·a·mond söyleniş: 'di-(&-)m&ndİşlev: noun
usage: often attributivekökeni:
middle english diamaunde,
from middle french diamant,
from old french, from late latin diamant-, diamas,
alteration of latin adamant-, adamas
hardest metal, diamond, from greek1 a
: native crystalline carbon that is usually nearly colorless, that when transparent and free from flaws is highly valued as a precious stone, and that is used industrially as an abrasive powder and in rock drills because of its great hardness; also
: a piece of this substance b
: crystallized carbon produced artificially2
: something that resembles a diamond (as in brilliance, value, or fine quality)3
: a square or rhombus-shaped figure usually oriented with the long diagonal vertical4 a
: a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a red diamond b plural but singular or plural in construction
: the suit comprising cards marked with diamonds5
: a baseball infield; also
: the entire playing field
diamond ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimeleradamant
diamond ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimeleroutfield