family İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. t.) a group of organisms, either animal or vegetable, related by certain points of resemblance in structure or development, more comprehensive than a genus, because it is usually based on fewer or less pronounced points of likeness. in zoology a family is less comprehesive than an order; in botany it is often considered the same thing as an order.
- (v. t.) those who descend from one common progenitor; a tribe, clan, or race; kindred; house; as, the human family; the family of abraham; the father of a family.
- (v. t.) the group comprising a husband and wife and their dependent children, constituting a fundamental unit in the organization of society.
- (v. t.) honorable descent; noble or respectable stock; as, a man of family.
- (v. t.) a group of kindred or closely related individuals; as, a family of languages; a family of states; the chlorine family.
- (v. t.) course of descent; genealogy; line of ancestors; lineage.
- (v. t.) the collective body of persons who live in one house, and under one head or manager; a household, including parents, children, and servants, and, as the case may be, lodgers or boarders.
family tanım:kelime: fam·i·ly söyleniş: 'fam-le, 'fa-m&-İşlev: nountürleri: plural -lieskökeni:
middle english familie,
from latin familia
household (including servants as well as kin of the householder), from famulus
: a group of individuals living under one roof and usually under one head : household2 a
: a group of persons of common ancestry : clan b
: a people or group of peoples regarded as deriving from a common stock : race3 a
: a group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation : fellowship b
: the staff of a high official (as the president)4
: a group of things related by common characteristics: as a
: a closely related series of elements or chemical compounds b
: a group of soils that have similar profiles and include one or more series c
: a group of related languages descended from a single ancestral language5 a
: the basic unit in society traditionally consisting of two parents rearing their own or adopted children; also
: any of various social units differing from but regarded as equivalent to the traditional family <a single-parent family
: spouse and children <want to spend more time with my family
: a group of related plants or animals forming a category ranking above a genus and below an order and usually comprising several to many genera b in livestock breeding
(1) : the descendants or line of a particular individual especially of some outstanding female (2) : an identifiable strain within a breed7
: a set of curves or surfaces whose equations differ only in parameters8
: a unit of a crime syndicate (as the mafia) operating within a geographical area
family ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelercategory