float İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. i.) a quantity of earth, eighteen feet square and one foot deep.
- (noun) to rest on the surface of any fluid; to swim; to be buoyed up.
- (v. t.) to pass over and level the surface of with a float while the plastering is kept wet.
- (v. i.) the act of flowing; flux; flow.
- (v. t.) to cause to float; to cause to rest or move on the surface of a fluid; as, the tide floated the ship into the harbor.
- (v. i.) the hollow, metallic ball of a self-acting faucet, which floats upon the water in a cistern or boiler.
- (v. i.) a coal cart.
- (v. i.) a mass of timber or boards fastened together, and conveyed down a stream by the current; a raft.
- (v. t.) to support and sustain the credit of, as a commercial scheme or a joint-stock company, so as to enable it to go into, or continue in, operation.
- (v. i.) the cork or quill used in angling, to support the bait line, and indicate the bite of a fish.
- (v. i.) anything used to buoy up whatever is liable to sink; an inflated bag or pillow used by persons learning to swim; a life preserver.
- (v. i.) a single-cut file for smoothing; a tool used by shoemakers for rasping off pegs inside a shoe.
- (noun) to move quietly or gently on the water, as a raft; to drift along; to move or glide without effort or impulse on the surface of a fluid, or through the air.
- (v. i.) the trowel or tool with which the floated coat of plastering is leveled and smoothed.
- (v. t.) to flood; to overflow; to cover with water.
- (v. i.) a polishing block used in marble working; a runner.
- (v. i.) anything which floats or rests on the surface of a fluid, as to sustain weight, or to indicate the height of the surface, or mark the place of, something.
- (v. i.) a float board. see float board (below).
- (v. i.) the sea; a wave. see flote, n.
- (v. i.) a contrivance for affording a copious stream of water to the heated surface of an object of large bulk, as an anvil or die.
float tanım:kelime: float söyleniş: 'flotİşlev: nounkökeni:
middle english flote
boat, float, from old english flota
ship; akin to old high german floz
raft, stream, old english fleotan
to float -- more at fleet1
: an act or instance of floating2
: something that floats
in or on the surface of a fluid: as a
: a device (as a cork) buoying up the baited end of a fishing line b
: a floating
platform anchored near a shoreline for use by swimmers or boats c
: a hollow ball that floats
at the end of a lever in a cistern, tank, or boiler and regulates the liquid level d
: a sac containing air or gas and buoying up the body of a plant or animal -- compare pneumatophore
: a watertight structure giving an airplane buoyancy on water3
: a tool or apparatus for smoothing a surface (as of wet concrete)4
: a government grant of a fixed amount of land not yet located by survey out of a larger specific tract5 a
: a vehicle with a platform used to carry an exhibit in a parade b
: the vehicle and exhibit together6 a
: an amount of money represented by checks outstanding and in process of collection b
: the time between a transaction (as the writing of a check or a purchase on credit) and the actual withdrawal of funds to cover it c
: the volume of a company's shares available for active trading in the auction market7
: a soft drink with ice cream floating
float ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerblow
float ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelersettle