may İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) the merrymaking of may day.
- (noun) the fifth month of the year, containing thirty-one days.
- (v.) an auxiliary verb qualifyng the meaning of another verb, by expressing: (a) ability, competency, or possibility; -- now oftener expressed by can.
- (noun) the early part or springtime of life.
- (noun) the flowers of the hawthorn; -- so called from their time of blossoming; also, the hawthorn.
- (noun) a maiden.
may tanım:kelime: may söyleniş: 'maİşlev: verbal auxiliarytürleri: past might
/; present singular & plural maykökeni:
middle english (1st & 3d sing. present indic.), from old english mæg;
akin to old high german mag
(1st & 3d singular present indicative) have power, am able (infinitive magan
), and perhaps to greek mechos
means, expedient1 a archaic
: have the ability to b
: have permission to <you may
go now> : be free to <a rug on which children may
sprawl -- c. e. silberman> -- used nearly interchangeably with can c
-- used to indicate possibility or probability <you may
be right> <things you may
need> -- sometimes used interchangeably with can
<one of those slipups that may
happen from time to time -- jessica mitford> <copula may
optionally be deleted -- j. d. mccawley> -- sometimes used where might
would be expected <you may
think from a little distance that the country was solid woods -- robert frost>2
-- used in auxiliary function to express a wish or desire especially in prayer, imprecation, or benediction <long may
-- used in auxiliary function expressing purpose or expectation <i laugh that i may
not weep> or contingency <she'll do her duty come what may
> or concession <he may
be slow but he is thorough> or choice <the angler may
catch them with a dip net, or he may
cast a large, bare treble hook -- nelson bryant>4 : shall, must
-- used in law where the sense, purpose, or policy requires this interpretationusage
may ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelercan