speak İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. i.) to convey sentiments, ideas, or intelligence as if by utterance; as, features that speak of self-will.
- (v. t.) to utter in a word or words; to say; to tell; to declare orally; as, to speak the truth; to speak sense.
- (v. i.) to express opinions; to say; to talk; to converse.
- (v. t.) to utter with the mouth; to pronounce; to utter articulately, as human beings.
- (v. t.) to address; to accost; to speak to.
- (v. i.) to utter words or articulate sounds, as human beings; to express thoughts by words; as, the organs may be so obstructed that a man may not be able to speak.
- (v. i.) to utter a speech, discourse, or harangue; to adress a public assembly formally.
- (v. i.) to give sound; to sound.
- (v. i.) to discourse; to make mention; to tell.
- (v. t.) to talk or converse in; to utter or pronounce, as in conversation; as, to speak latin.
- (v. t.) to declare; to proclaim; to publish; to make known; to exhibit; to express in any way.
kelime: speak söyleniş: 'spekİşlev: verbtürleri: spoke
middle english speken,
from old english sprecan, specan;
akin to old high german sprehhan
to speak, greek spharageisthai
to crackleintransitive senses1 a
: to utter words or articulate sounds with the ordinary voice : talk b
(1) : to express thoughts, opinions, or feelings orally (2) : to extend a greeting (3) : to be on speaking
terms <still were not speaking
after the dispute> c
(1) : to express oneself before a group (2) : to address one's remarks <speak
to the issue>2 a
: to make a written statement <his diaries... spoke
... of his entrancement with death -- sy kahn> b
: to use such an expression -- often used in the phrase so to speak
<was at the enemy's gates, so to speak
-- c. s. forester> c
: to serve as spokesman <spoke
for the whole group>3 a
: to express feelings by other than verbal means <actions speak
louder than words> b : signal c
: to be interesting or attractive : appeal
<great music... speaks
directly to the emotions -- a. n. whitehead>4
: to make a request : ask
for the remaining piece of pie>5
: to make a characteristic or natural sound <all at once the thunder spoke
-- george meredith>6 a : testify b
: to be indicative or suggestive <his gold... spoke
of riches in the land -- julian dana>transitive senses1 a
(1) : to utter with the speaking
voice : pronounce
(2) : to give a recitation of : declaim b
: to express orally : declare
<free to speak
their minds> c : address, accost
; especially : hail2
: to make known in writing : state3
: to use or be able to use in speaking
: to indicate by other than verbal means5 archaic : describe, depict
- to speak of
: worthy of mention or notice -- usually used in negative constructions
speak ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimeleraddress