think İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) act of thinking; a thought.
- (v. t.) to employ any of the intellectual powers except that of simple perception through the senses; to exercise the higher intellectual faculties.
- (v. t.) to reflect upon any subject; to muse; to meditate; to ponder; to consider; to deliberate.
- (v. t.) to purpose; to intend; to design; to mean.
- (v. t.) to believe; to consider; to esteem.
- (v. t.) to call anything to mind; to remember; as, i would have sent the books, but i did not think of it.
- (v. t.) to seem or appear; -- used chiefly in the expressions methinketh or methinks, and methought.
- (v. t.) to plan or design; to plot; to compass.
- (v. t.) to presume; to venture.
- (v. t.) to form an opinion by reasoning; to judge; to conclude; to believe; as, i think it will rain to-morrow.
- (v. t.) to conceive; to imagine.
think tanım:kelime: think söyleniş: 'thi[ng]kİşlev: verbtürleri: thought
middle english thenken,
from old english thencan;
akin to old high german denken
to think, latin tongere
to know -- more at thankstransitive senses1
: to form or have in the mind2
: to have as an intention <thought
to return early>3 a
: to have as an opinion <think
it's so> b
: to regard as : consider
the rule unfair>4 a
: to reflect on : ponder
the matter over> b
: to determine by reflecting <think
what to do next>5
: to call to mind : remember
<he never thinks
to ask how we do>6
: to devise by thinking
-- usually used with up
up a plan to escape>7
: to have as an expectation : anticipate
<we didn't think
we'd have any trouble>8 a
: to center one's thoughts on <talks and thinks
: to form a mental picture of9
: to subject to the processes of logical thought <think
things out>intransitive senses1 a
: to exercise the powers of judgment, conception, or inference : reason b
: to have in the mind or call to mind a thought2 a
: to have the mind engaged in reflection : meditate b
: to consider the suitability <thought
of her for president>3
: to have a view or opinion <thinks
of himself as a poet>4
: to have concern -- usually used with of
<a man must think
first of his family>5
: to consider something likely : suspect
<may happen sooner than you think
- think·er noun
- think better of
: to reconsider and make a wiser decision
- think much of
: to view with satisfaction : approve
-- usually used in negative constructions <i didn't think much of
the new car>synonyms think
mean to form an idea of. think
implies the entrance of an idea into one's mind with or without deliberate consideration or reflection <i just thought
of a good joke>. conceive
suggests the forming and bringing forth and usually developing of an idea, plan, or design <conceived
of a new marketing approach>. imagine
stresses a visualization <imagine
you're at the beach>. fancy
suggests an imagining often unrestrained by reality but spurred by desires <fancied
himself a super athlete>. realize
stresses a grasping of the significance of what is conceived or imagined <realized
the enormity of the task ahead>. envisage
imply a conceiving or imagining that is especially clear or detailed <envisaged
a totally computerized operation> <envisioned
a cure for the disease>.synonyms think
mean to use one's powers of conception, judgment, or inference. think
is general and may apply to any mental activity, but used alone often suggests attainment of clear ideas or conclusions <teaches students how to think
implies deep or intent thinking <cogitated
on the mysteries of nature>. reflect
suggests unhurried consideration of something recalled to the mind <reflecting
on fifty years of married life>. reason
stresses consecutive logical thinking <able to reason
brilliantly in debate>. speculate
implies reasoning about things theoretical or problematic <speculated
on the fate of the lost explorers>. deliberate
suggests slow or careful reasoning before forming an opinion or reaching a conclusion or decision <the jury deliberated
for five hours>.
think ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerbelieve
think ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelerblock