translate İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. t.) to remove, as a bishop, from one see to another.
- (v. t.) to cause to lose senses or recollection; to entrance.
- (v. t.) to remove to heaven without a natural death.
- (v. t.) to bear, carry, or remove, from one place to another; to transfer; as, to translate a tree.
- (v. t.) to render into another language; to express the sense of in the words of another language; to interpret; hence, to explain or recapitulate in other words.
- (v. t.) to change into another form; to transform.
- (v. t.) to cause to remove from one part of the body to another; as, to translate a disease.
- (v. i.) to make a translation; to be engaged in translation.
- (v. t.) to change to another condition, position, place, or office; to transfer; hence, to remove as by death.
kelime: trans·late söyleniş: tran(t)s-'lat, tranz-; 'tran(t)s-lat, 'tranz-İşlev: verbtürleri: trans·lat·ed
middle english, from latin translatus
(pp. of transferre
to transfer, translate), from trans- latus,
past participle of ferre
to carry -- more at tolerate
, beartransitive senses1 a
: to bear, remove, or change from one place, state, form, or appearance to another : transfer, transform
<a country boy translated
to the city> <translate
ideas into action> b
: to convey to heaven or to a nontemporal condition without death c
: to transfer
(a bishop) from one see to another2 a
: to turn into one's own or another language b
: to transfer
or turn from one set of symbols into another : transcribe c
(1) : to express in different terms and especially different words : paraphrase
(2) : to express in more comprehensible terms : explain, interpret3 : enrapture4
: to subject to mathematical translation5
: to subject (as genetic information) to translation
in protein synthesisintransitive senses1
: to practice translation
or make a translation
: to admit of or be adaptable to translation
<a word that doesn't translate
: to undergo a translation3 : lead, result
-- usually used with into
<tax cuts translate
into bigger savings>
translate ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerinterpret