-en İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- () A suffix signifying to make, to cause, used to form verbs from nouns and adjectives; as in strengthen, quicken, frighten. This must not be confused with -en corresponding in Old English to the AS. infinitive ending -an.
- () An adjectival suffix, meaning made of; as in golden, leaden, wooden.
- () A suffix corresponding to AS. -en and -on, formerly used to form the plural of verbs, as in housen, escapen.
- () The termination of the past participle of many strong verbs; as, in broken, gotten, trodden.
- () A suffix from AS. -an, formerly used to form the plural of many nouns, as in ashen, eyen, oxen, all obs. except oxen. In some cases, such as children and brethren, it has been added to older plural forms.
-en tanım:Kelime: -en
Söyleniş: &n, &n
Variant(s): also -n /n/
İşlev: adjective suffix
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German -In made of, Latin -Inus of or belonging to, Greek -inos made of, of or belonging to
: made of : consisting of earthen leathern