Battle İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. t.) A struggle; a contest; as, the battle of life.
- (v. t.) A division of an army; a battalion.
- (a.) Fertile. See Battel, a.
- (v. t.) The main body, as distinct from the van and rear; battalia.
- (v. t.) A general action, fight, or encounter, in which all the divisions of an army are or may be engaged; an engagement; a combat.
- (v. t.) To assail in battle; to fight.
- (noun) To join in battle; to contend in fight; as, to battle over theories.
Battle tanım:Kelime: bat·tle
Usage: often attributive
Kökeni: Middle English batel, from Old French bataille battle, fortifying tower, battalion, from Late Latin battalia combat, alteration of battualia fencing exercises, from Latin battuere to beat
1 archaic : BATTALION
2 : a combat between two persons
3 : a general encounter between armies, ships of war, or aircraft
4 : an extended contest, struggle, or controversy