Idea İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) A general notion, or a conception formed by generalization.
- (noun) The transcript, image, or picture of a visible object, that is formed by the mind; also, a similar image of any object whatever, whether sensible or spiritual.
- (noun) A belief, option, or doctrine; a characteristic or controlling principle; as, an essential idea; the idea of development.
- (noun) A plan or purpose of action; intention; design.
- (noun) A rational conception; the complete conception of an object when thought of in all its essential elements or constituents; the necessary metaphysical or constituent attributes and relations, when conceived in the abstract.
- (noun) Hence: Any object apprehended, conceived, or thought of, by the mind; a notion, conception, or thought; the real object that is conceived or thought of.
- (noun) A fiction object or picture created by the imagination; the same when proposed as a pattern to be copied, or a standard to be reached; one of the archetypes or patterns of created things, conceived by the Platonists to have excited objectively from eternity in the mind of the Deity.
Idea tanım:Kelime: idea
Söyleniş: I-'dE-& also 'I-(")dE-& or 'I-dE
Kökeni: Middle English, from Latin, from Greek, from idein to see -- more at WIT
1 a : a transcendent entity that is a real pattern of which existing things are imperfect representations b : a standard of perfection : IDEAL c : a plan for action : DESIGN
2 archaic : a visible representation of a conception : a replica of a pattern
3 a obsolete : an image recalled by memory b : an indefinite or unformed conception c : an entity (as a thought, concept, sensation, or image) actually or potentially present to consciousness
4 : a formulated thought or opinion
5 : whatever is known or supposed about something a child's idea of time
6 : the central meaning or chief end of a particular action or situation
7 Christian Science : an image in Mind
- idea·less /I-'dE-&-l&s/ adjective
synonyms IDEA, CONCEPT, CONCEPTION, THOUGHT, NOTION, IMPRESSION mean what exists in the mind as a representation (as of something comprehended) or as a formulation (as of a plan). IDEA may apply to a mental image or formulation of something seen or known or imagined, to a pure abstraction, or to something assumed or vaguely sensed innovative ideas my idea of paradise . CONCEPT may apply to the idea formed by consideration of instances of a species or genus or, more broadly, to any idea of what a thing ought to be a society with no concept of private property . CONCEPTION is often interchangeable with CONCEPT; it may stress the process of imagining or formulating rather than the result our changing conception of what constitutes art . THOUGHT is likely to suggest the result of reflecting, reasoning, or meditating rather than of imagining commit your thoughts to paper . NOTION suggests an idea not much resolved by analysis or reflection and may suggest the capricious or accidental you have the oddest notions . IMPRESSION applies to an idea or notion resulting immediately from some stimulation of the senses the first impression is of soaring height .