Initiate İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. i.) To do the first act; to perform the first rite; to take the initiative.
- (noun) One who is, or is to be, initiated.
- (v. t.) To acquaint with the beginnings; to instruct in the rudiments or principles; to introduce.
- (a.) Begun; commenced; introduced to, or instructed in, the rudiments; newly admitted.
- (a.) Unpracticed; untried; new.
- (v. t.) To introduce by a first act; to make a beginning with; to set afoot; to originate; to commence; to begin or enter upon.
- (v. t.) To introduce into a society or organization; to confer membership on; especially, to admit to a secret order with mysterious rites or ceremonies.
Initiate tanım:Kelime: ini·ti·ate
İşlev: transitive verb
Türleri: -at·ed; -at·ing
Kökeni: Late Latin initiatus, past participle of initiare, from Latin, to induct, from initium
1 : to cause or facilitate the beginning of : set going initiate a program of reform enzymes that initiate fermentation
2 : to induct into membership by or as if by special rites
3 : to instruct in the rudiments or principles of something : INTRODUCE
synonym see BEGIN
- ini·ti·a·tor /-"A-t&r/ noun