Inspire İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. t.) To draw in by the operation of breathing; to inhale; -- opposed to expire.
- (v. t.) To infuse into; to affect, as with a superior or supernatural influence; to fill with what animates, enlivens, or exalts; to communicate inspiration to; as, to inspire a child with sentiments of virtue.
- (v. t.) To breathe into; to fill with the breath; to animate.
- (v. t.) To infuse by breathing, or as if by breathing.
- (v. i.) To draw in breath; to inhale air into the lungs; -- opposed to expire.
- (v. t.) To infuse into the mind; to communicate to the spirit; to convey, as by a divine or supernatural influence; to disclose preternaturally; to produce in, as by inspiration.
- (v. i.) To breathe; to blow gently.
Inspire tanım:Kelime: in·spire
Türleri: in·spired; in·spir·ing
Kökeni: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French inspirer, from Latin inspirare, from in- spirare to breathe
1 a : to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration b : to exert an animating, enlivening, or exalting influence on was particularly inspired by the Romanticists c : to spur on : IMPEL, MOTIVATE threats don't necessarily inspire people to work d : AFFECT seeing the old room again inspired him with nostalgia
2 a archaic : to breathe or blow into or upon b archaic : to infuse (as life) by breathing
3 a : to communicate to an agent supernaturally b : to draw forth or bring out thoughts inspired by a visit to the cathedral
4 : INHALE 1
5 a : BRING ABOUT, OCCASION the book was inspired by his travels in the Far East b : INCITE
6 : to spread (rumor) by indirect means or through the agency of another
intransitive senses : INHALE
- in·spir·er noun