It ile ilgili bilgilerin yer aldığı sayfamız: İt
It İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (pron.) As a substitute for such general terms as, the state of affairs, the condition of things, and the like; as, how is it with the sick man?
- (pron.) As a substance for any noun of the neuter gender; as, here is the book, take it home.
- (pron.) As an indefinite nominative for a impersonal verb; as, it snows; it rains.
- (pron.) As a demonstrative, especially at the beginning of a sentence, pointing to that which is about to be stated, named, or mentioned, or referring to that which apparent or well known; as, I saw it was John.
- (pron.) The neuter pronoun of the third person, corresponding to the masculine pronoun he and the feminine she, and having the same plural (they, their or theirs, them).
- (pron.) As an indefinite object after some intransitive verbs, or after a substantive used humorously as a verb; as, to foot it (i. e., to walk).
It tanım:Kelime: it
Söyleniş: 'it, &t
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old English hit -- more at HE
1 : that one -- used as subject or direct object or indirect object of a verb or object of a preposition usually in reference to a lifeless thing took a quick look at the house and noticed it was very old , a plant there is a rosebush near the fence and it is now blooming , a person or animal whose sex is unknown or disregarded don't know who it is , a group of individuals or things, or an abstract entity beauty is everywhere and it is a source of joy -- compare HE, ITS, SHE, THEY
2 -- used as subject of an impersonal verb that expresses a condition or action without reference to an agent it is raining
3 a -- used as anticipatory subject or object of a verb it is necessary to repeat the whole thing -- often used to shift emphasis to a part of a statement other than the subject it was in this city that the treaty was signed b -- used with many verbs as a direct object with little or no meaning footed it back to camp
4 -- used to refer to an explicit or implicit state of affairs or circumstances how is it going
5 : a crucial or climactic point this is it