Methodist ile ilgili bilgilerin yer aldığı sayfamız: Metodizm
Methodist1. anlamı i. Metodist, bir Protestan mezhebi üyesi. ,metodist,metodist.
Methodist İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) One of an ancient school of physicians who rejected observation and founded their practice on reasoning and theory.
- (noun) One who observes method.
- (noun) One of a sect of Christians, the outgrowth of a small association called the "Holy Club," formed at Oxford University, A.D. 1729, of which the most conspicuous members were John Wesley and his brother Charles; -- originally so called from the methodical strictness of members of the club in all religious duties.
- (noun) A person of strict piety; one who lives in the exact observance of religious duties; -- sometimes so called in contempt or ridicule.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the sect of Methodists; as, Methodist hymns; a Methodist elder.
Methodist tanım:Kelime: meth·od·ist
1 : a person devoted to or laying great stress on method
2 capitalized : a member of one of the denominations deriving from the Wesleyan revival in the Church of England, having Arminian doctrine and in the U.S. modified episcopal polity, and stressing personal and social morality
- methodist adjective, often capitalized
- meth·od·is·tic /"me-th&-'dis-tik/ adjective