Platef. kaplamak, altın kaplamak, gümüş kaplamak, klişe yapmak, levha kaplamak, zırhla kaplamak
i. tabak, plaka, plaket, şilt, isim levhası, levha, gümüş kaplama sofra takımı, tam sayfa resim, şık tip, fotoğraf klişesi, yapay damak, takma diş, protez, baskı kalıbı, elektrot (lamba), anot (radyo)
Plate1. anlamı f. madenle kaplamak; zırh levhalarla kaplamak; matbaa. galvano klişe yapmak; baskı ile cila1amak (kağıt) . ,klişe/levha/tabak,xyz kapla.
2. anlamı tabak. levha. plaka. tabaka. kaporta. levha biçiminde korugan. kaplama. kupa. fotoğraf klişesi. plaket. takma diş takımı. anot. (metal) kaplamak.
PlateFransızca Plate kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
[plat] adj. flat, even, straight; dull, vapid, insipid
Platen. flat dish for serving food; portion; dishes; covering, coating; board; name plate, small board inscribed with a name
v. cover with a thin layer of metal, coat with metal
adj. flat, even, straight; dull, vapid, insipid
Plate İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) Loosely, a sporting contest for a prize; specif., in horse racing, a race for a prize, the contestants not making a stake.
- (noun) A very light steel racing horsehoe.
- (noun) Skins for fur linings of garments, sewed together and roughly shaped, but not finally cut or fitted.
- (noun) One of the thin parts of the bricket of an animal.
- (noun) A small five-sided area (enveloping a diamond-shaped area one foot square) beside which the batter stands and which must be touched by some part of a player on completing a run; -- called also home base, or home plate.
- (noun) The fine nap (as of beaver, hare's wool, musquash, nutria, or English black wool) on a hat the body of which is of an inferior substance.
- (noun) A small, shallow, and usually circular, vessel of metal or wood, or of earth glazed and baked, from which food is eaten at table.
- (v. t.) To cover or overlay with plates of metal; to arm with metal for defense.
- (noun) A page of stereotype, electrotype, or the like, for printing from; as, publisher's plates.
- (noun) Metallic armor composed of broad pieces.
- (v. t.) To adorn with plated metal; as, a plated harness.
- (noun) That part of an artificial set of teeth which fits to the mouth, and holds the teeth in place. It may be of gold, platinum, silver, rubber, celluloid, etc.
- (noun) A piece of money, usually silver money.
- (noun) A roundel of silver or tinctured argent.
- (noun) A prize giving to the winner in a contest.
- (v. t.) To cover or overlay with gold, silver, or other metals, either by a mechanical process, as hammering, or by a chemical process, as electrotyping.
- (noun) A horizontal timber laid upon a wall, or upon corbels projecting from a wall, and supporting the ends of other timbers; also used specifically of the roof plate which supports the ends of the roof trusses or, in simple work, the feet of the rafters.
- (noun) A flat, or nearly flat, piece of metal, the thickness of which is small in comparison with the other dimensions; a thick sheet of metal; as, a steel plate.
- (noun) A sheet of glass, porcelain, metal, etc., with a coating that is sensitive to light.
- (noun) A piece of metal on which anything is engraved for the purpose of being printed; hence, an impression from the engraved metal; as, a book illustrated with plates; a fashion plate.
- (noun) Domestic vessels and utensils, as flagons, dishes, cups, etc., wrought in gold or silver.
- (noun) Metallic ware which is plated, in distinction from that which is genuine silver or gold.
- (v. t.) To calender; as, to plate paper.
- (v. t.) To beat into thin, flat pieces, or laminae.
Plate tanım:Kelime: plate
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old French, from plate, feminine of plat flat, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin plattus, probably from Greek platys broad, flat -- more at PLACE
1 a : a smooth flat thin piece of material b (1) : forged, rolled, or cast metal in sheets usually thicker than 1/4 inch (6 millimeters) (2) : a very thin layer of metal deposited on a surface of base metal by plating c : one of the broad metal pieces used in armor; also : armor of such plates d (1) : a lamina or plaque (as of bone or horn) that forms part of an animal body; especially : SCUTE (2) : the thin under portion of the forequarter of beef; especially : the fatty back part -- see BEEF illustration e : HOME PLATE f : any of the large movable segments into which the earth's lithosphere is divided according to the theory of plate tectonics
2 [Middle English; partly from Old French plate plate, piece of silver; partly from Old Spanish plata silver, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin platta metal plate, from feminine of plattus flat] a obsolete : a silver coin b : precious metal; especially : silver bullion
3 [Middle English, from Middle French plat dish, plate, from plat flat] a : domestic hollowware made of or plated with gold, silver, or base metals b : a shallow usually circular vessel from which food is eaten or served c (1) : a quantity to fill a plate : PLATEFUL (2) : a main course served on a plate (3) : food and service supplied to one person a dinner at $10 a plate d (1) : a prize given to the winner in a contest (2) British : a horse race in which the contestants compete for a prize of fixed value rather than stakes e : a dish or pouch passed in taking collections f : a flat glass dish used chiefly for culturing microorganisms
4 a : a prepared surface from which printing is done b : a sheet of material (as glass) coated with a light-sensitive photographic emulsion c (1) : the usually flat or grid-formed anode of an electron tube at which electrons collect (2) : a metallic grid with its interstices filled with active material that forms one of the structural units of a battery d : LICENSE PLATE
5 : a horizontal structural member that provides bearing and anchorage especially for the trusses of a roof or the rafters
6 : the part of a denture that fits to the mouth; broadly : DENTURE
7 : a full-page illustration often on different paper from the text pages
8 : a schedule of matters to deal with have a lot on my plate now
- plate·ful /-"ful/ noun
- plate·like /-"lIk/ adjective
Plate ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerCatcher, Denture, Home, Plateful, Scale, Shell,
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. plato, vajilla; matrícula, placa; lámina, chapa, plancha; plancha de blindaje, viga horizontal; base del bateador, dentadura postiza, placa de la dentadura postiza; revestimiento
v. chapar, enchapar
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. assiette, plat (régional), plat à servir, plaque, revêtement; gravure
v. plaquer ; graver
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Platte; Teller; Portion; Tafelbesteck; Tafel
v. plattieren; überziehen mit Edelmetall; panzern
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. piatto; (collett) servizio; argenteria; (am) coperto; lastra, piastra; targhetta, placca; metallo prezioso; lingotto d'argento; (Met) lamiera; tavola, illustrazione; tavola fuori testo; (Tip) cliché
v. (Met) placcare; (tecn) fasciare; (Mar; mil) corazzare; (Met) laminare; (Tip) preparare le matrici di
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. prato; prataria; copa; objeto de mesa; porção; dose; tábua
Plateİngilizce Plate kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
zn. plaat, bord, naamplaat, naambord, naambordje, schaal, pantserplaat, fotografisch : fotografische plaat, afdruk, gravure, tafelzilver, mot l on :: tï,ïo