Power1. anlamı i. yetenek, kabiliyet; iktidar, kuvvet, kudret, güç; hüküm; etki, tesir, hakimiyet, nüfuz, yetki, salâhiyet; fiz. erk, erke; devlet, hükümet; huk. bir başkası adına herhangi bir işi yapma yetkisi, vekâlet, ve kâletname; melaike; mat. üs, bir sayın.
2. anlamı yeti. yetenek. yapma gücü. güç. kuvvet. kudret. erk. iktidar. etki. nüfuz. sözü geçerlik. yetke. otorite. vekaletname. vekalet. elektrik. enerji. mat. kuvvet. çok. güç sağlamak. hızla gitmek.
Powerf. çalıştırmak, güç sağlamak, elektrik vermek
i. güç, kuvvet, enerji, yetenek, iktidar, otorite, üs [mat.], yetki, derman, takât
Power İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) Hence, vested authority to act in a given case; as, the business was referred to a committee with power.
- (noun) The rate at which mechanical energy is exerted or mechanical work performed, as by an engine or other machine, or an animal, working continuously; as, an engine of twenty horse power.
- (noun) Same as Poor, the fish.
- (noun) The agent exercising an ability to act; an individual invested with authority; an institution, or government, which exercises control; as, the great powers of Europe; hence, often, a superhuman agent; a spirit; a divinity.
- (noun) Applied force; force producing motion or pressure; as, the power applied at one and of a lever to lift a weight at the other end.
- (noun) The degree to which a lens, mirror, or any optical instrument, magnifies; in the telescope, and usually in the microscope, the number of times it multiplies, or augments, the apparent diameter of an object; sometimes, in microscopes, the number of times it multiplies the apparent surface.
- (noun) Ability, regarded as put forth or exerted; strength, force, or energy in action; as, the power of steam in moving an engine; the power of truth, or of argument, in producing conviction; the power of enthusiasm.
- (noun) A military or naval force; an army or navy; a great host.
- (noun) The product arising from the multiplication of a number into itself; as, a square is the second power, and a cube is third power, of a number.
- (noun) A mechanical agent; that from which useful mechanical energy is derived; as, water power; steam power; hand power, etc.
- (noun) Ability to act, regarded as latent or inherent; the faculty of doing or performing something; capacity for action or performance; capability of producing an effect, whether physical or moral: potency; might; as, a man of great power; the power of capillary attraction; money gives power.
- (noun) The exercise of a faculty; the employment of strength; the exercise of any kind of control; influence; dominion; sway; command; government.
- (noun) Capacity of undergoing or suffering; fitness to be acted upon; susceptibility; -- called also passive power; as, great power of endurance.
- (noun) A large quantity; a great number; as, a power o/ good things.
- (noun) Mental or moral ability to act; one of the faculties which are possessed by the mind or soul; as, the power of thinking, reasoning, judging, willing, fearing, hoping, etc.
- (noun) An authority enabling a person to dispose of an interest vested either in himself or in another person; ownership by appointment.
- (noun) A machine acted upon by an animal, and serving as a motor to drive other machinery; as, a dog power.
Power tanım:Kelime: pow·er
Usage: often attributive
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old French poeir, from poeir to be able, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin potEre, alteration of Latin posse -- more at POTENT
1 a (1) : ability to act or produce an effect (2) : ability to get extra-base hits (3) : capacity for being acted upon or undergoing an effect b : legal or official authority, capacity, or right
2 a : possession of control, authority, or influence over others b : one having such power; specifically : a sovereign state c : a controlling group : ESTABLISHMENT -- often used in the phrase the powers that be d archaic : a force of armed men e chiefly dialect : a large number or quantity
3 a : physical might b : mental or moral efficacy c : political control or influence
4 plural : an order of angels -- see CELESTIAL HIERARCHY
5 a : the number of times as indicated by an exponent that a number occurs as a factor in a product; also : the product itself b : CARDINAL NUMBER 2
6 a : a source or means of supplying energy; especially : ELECTRICITY b : MOTIVE POWER c : the time rate at which work is done or energy emitted or transferred
7 : MAGNIFICATION 2b
8 : 1SCOPE 3
9 : the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis in a statistical test when a particular alternative hypothesis happens to be true
synonyms POWER, AUTHORITY, JURISDICTION, CONTROL, COMMAND, SWAY, DOMINION mean the right to govern or rule or determine. POWER implies possession of ability to wield force, permissive authority, or substantial influence the power to mold public opinion . AUTHORITY implies the granting of power for a specific purpose within specified limits gave her attorney the authority to manage her estate . JURISDICTION applies to official power exercised within prescribed limits the bureau having jurisdiction over alcohol and firearms . CONTROL stresses the power to direct and restrain you are responsible for the students under your control . COMMAND implies the power to make arbitrary decisions and compel obedience the army officer in command . SWAY suggests the extent or scope of exercised power or influence an empire that extended its sway over the known world . DOMINION stresses sovereign power or supreme authority given dominion over all the animals .
synonyms POWER, FORCE, ENERGY, STRENGTH, MIGHT mean the ability to exert effort. POWER may imply latent or exerted physical, mental, or spiritual ability to act or be acted upon the awesome power of flowing water . FORCE implies the actual effective exercise of power used enough force to push the door open . ENERGY applies to power expended or capable of being transformed into work a worker with boundless energy . STRENGTH applies to the quality or property of a person or thing that makes possible the exertion of force or the withstanding of strain, pressure, or attack use weight training to build your strength . MIGHT implies great or overwhelming power or strength the belief that might makes right .
Power ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerAbility, Baron, Exponent, Force, Index, King, Magnate, Might, Mightiness, Mogul, Office, Tycoon,
Power ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelerImpotence, Impotency, Inability,
PowerAlmanca Power kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
Powern. strength; ability; capability; authority; exponent (Mathematics); output, capacity (of electricity, etc.)
v. provide power, supply with power; set in motion, drive; inspire, motivate
adj. operated by a motor or electricity; assisted by a power source, partially operated by a motor or electricity
Powerİngilizce Power kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. poder, autoridad, cetro, facultad, intensidad, mando, poderío, potencia, potestad, pujanza; energía, empuje, fuerza
v. suministrar energía, fuerza eléctrica; impulsar, accionar
adj. motorizado; mecánico
Powerİngilizce Power kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. pouvoir; autorité; force; puissance (mathématiques); alimentation électrique; énergie
v. alimenter en électricité; mettre en marche
adj. mécanique; motorisé
Powerİngilizce Power kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Kraft (auch Phys.); Macht; Stärke; Gewalt; Strom (Elektr.); Exponent, Hochzahl (Math.)
v. mit Energie versehen; antreiben
adj. mechanisch; beweglich; motorisch
Powerİngilizce Power kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. efficacia, potere, potenza; influenza, ascendente; intensità, vigore; forza, vigoria; capacità, facoltà; mandato, delega; persona potente; (fam, dial) grande quantità, (fam) mucchio; fonte d'energia
v. fornire forza motrice a, alimentare; fornire energia elettrica a; (fig) spronare, stimolare
agg. azionato da motore, motorizzato
Powerİngilizce Power kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. poder; energia; força; domínio; superioridade; força (eletricidade)
v. fornecer energia; movimentar
adj. a motor; mecânico