Sympathy1. anlamı karşısındaki ile aynı şeyi hissetme, halden anlama, şefkat, duygudaşlık, sempati; sympathy strike sem, cisimlerde birbiri ile birleşme veya birbirini etkileme eğilimi; his veya yaratılış uygunluğu; tesir; uzuvların birbirine olan tesiri.
2. anlamı acıma. şefkat. halden anlama. başkalarının duygularını paylaşma/anlama. duygudaşlık.
Sympathyi. sempati, sevgi, ilgi, duygudaşlık, halden anlama, acısını paylaşma, acıma
Sympathy İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) The reciprocal influence exercised by organs or parts on one another, as shown in the effects of a diseased condition of one part on another part or organ, as in the vomiting produced by a tumor of the brain.
- (noun) The influence of a certain psychological state in one person in producing a like state in another.
- (noun) Feeling corresponding to that which another feels; the quality of being affected by the affection of another, with feelings correspondent in kind, if not in degree; fellow-feeling.
- (noun) Kindness of feeling toward one who suffers; pity; commiseration; compassion.
- (noun) An agreement of affections or inclinations, or a conformity of natural temperament, which causes persons to be pleased, or in accord, with one another; as, there is perfect sympathy between them.
- (noun) That relation which exists between different persons by which one of them produces in the others a state or condition like that of himself. This is shown in the tendency to yawn which a person often feels on seeing another yawn, or the strong inclination to become hysteric experienced by many women on seeing another person suffering with hysteria.
- (noun) A tendency of inanimate things to unite, or to act on each other; as, the sympathy between the loadstone and iron.
- (noun) Similarity of function, use office, or the like.
- (noun) The reciprocal influence exercised by the various organs or parts of the body on one another, as manifested in the transmission of a disease by unknown means from one organ to another quite remote, or in the influence exerted by a diseased condition of one part on another part or organ, as in the vomiting produced by a tumor of the brain.
Sympathy tanım:Kelime: sym·pa·thy
Türleri: plural -thies
Kökeni: Latin sympathia, from Greek sympatheia, from sympathEs having common feelings, sympathetic, from syn- pathos feelings, emotion, experience -- more at PATHOS
1 a : an affinity, association, or relationship between persons or things wherein whatever affects one similarly affects the other b : mutual or parallel susceptibility or a condition brought about by it c : unity or harmony in action or effect
2 a : inclination to think or feel alike : emotional or intellectual accord b : feeling of loyalty : tendency to favor or support republican sympathies
3 a : the act or capacity of entering into or sharing the feelings or interests of another b : the feeling or mental state brought about by such sensitivity have sympathy for the poor
4 : the correlation existing between bodies capable of communicating their vibrational energy to one another through some medium
synonym see ATTRACTION, PITY
Sympathy ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerUnderstanding,
Sympathyn. affinity, understanding; compassion, pity, concern, commiseration, empathy; approval
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. simpatía, compasión, condolencia, conmiseración, lástima
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. sympathie; compassion
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Mitgefühl, Sympathie
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. commiserazione, compassione, pietà; comprensione, indulgenza, tolleranza; comunione di sentimenti, armonia; (Psic, Fisiol, Fis) simpatia
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. afinidade, compreensão, compaixão, pena, comiseração, empatia; aprovação
Sympathyİngilizce Sympathy kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.