To ile ilgili bilgilerin yer aldığı sayfamız: Tai
Toed. e, ye, ya, e doğru, göre, karşı
To1. anlamı ile; göre; dair; mek, mak, to; yönüne doğru, tarafına, doğru; değin, kadar, derecesine kadar; nispetle, nazaran; için, hakkında; karşı, doğru, kala, kadar, var; come to kendine gelmek, They gladly fell to, Gemi rüzgarı başa alıp durdu, öne ve arkaya,.
2. anlamı -e doğru. -e. -e kadar. -e karşı. (saat) kala. var.
Toadv. toward the previous condition; in accordance with; in honor of; for the good health of (during a toast with drinks)
prep. toward; for; in contrast with; in order to
To İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (prep.) Accord; adaptation; as, an occupation to his taste; she has a husband to her mind.
- (prep.) Addition; union; accumulation.
- (prep.) Apposition; connection; antithesis; opposition; as, they engaged hand to hand.
- (prep.) In many phrases, and in connection with many other words, to has a pregnant meaning, or is used elliptically.
- (prep.) The preposition to primarily indicates approach and arrival, motion made in the direction of a place or thing and attaining it, access; and also, motion or tendency without arrival; movement toward; -- opposed to from.
- (prep.) Extent; limit; degree of comprehension; inclusion as far as; as, they met us to the number of three hundred.
- (prep.) Effect; end; consequence; as, the prince was flattered to his ruin; he engaged in a war to his cost; violent factions exist to the prejudice of the state.
- (prep.) Accompaniment; as, she sang to his guitar; they danced to the music of a piano.
- (prep.) Character; condition of being; purpose subserved or office filled.
- (prep.) As sign of the infinitive, to had originally the use of last defined, governing the infinitive as a verbal noun, and connecting it as indirect object with a preceding verb or adjective; thus, ready to go, i.e., ready unto going; good to eat, i.e., good for eating; I do my utmost to lead my life pleasantly. But it has come to be the almost constant prefix to the infinitive, even in situations where it has no prepositional meaning, as where the infinitive is direct object or subject; thus, I love to learn, i.e., I love learning; to die for one's country is noble, i.e., the dying for one's country. Where the infinitive denotes the design or purpose, good usage formerly allowed the prefixing of for to the to; as, what went ye out for see? (Matt. xi. 8).
- (prep.) Hence, it indicates motion, course, or tendency toward a time, a state or condition, an aim, or anything capable of being regarded as a limit to a tendency, movement, or action; as, he is going to a trade; he is rising to wealth and honor.
- (prep.) In a very general way, and with innumerable varieties of application, to connects transitive verbs with their remoter or indirect object, and adjectives, nouns, and neuter or passive verbs with a following noun which limits their action. Its sphere verges upon that of for, but it contains less the idea of design or appropriation; as, these remarks were addressed to a large audience; let us keep this seat to ourselves; a substance sweet to the taste; an event painful to the mind; duty to God and to our parents; a dislike to spirituous liquor.
- (prep.) Comparison; as, three is to nine as nine is to twenty-seven; it is ten to one that you will offend him.
To tanım:Kelime: to
Söyleniş: t&, tu, 'tü
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old English tO; akin to Old High German zuo to, Latin donec as long as, until
1 a -- used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached drove to the city went back to the original idea b -- used as a function word to indicate direction a mile to the south turned his back to the door a tendency to silliness c -- used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity applied polish to the table put her hand to her heart d (1) -- used as a function word to indicate the place or point that is the far limit 100 miles to the nearest town (2) -- used as a function word to indicate the limit of extent stripped to the waist e -- used as a function word to indicate relative position perpendicular to the floor
2 a -- used as a function word to indicate purpose, intention, tendency, result, or end came to our aid drink to his health b -- used as a function word to indicate the result of an action or a process broken all to pieces go to seed to their surprise, the train left on time
3 -- used as a function word to indicate position or relation in time: as a : BEFORE five minutes to five b : TILL from eight to five up to now
4 -- used as a function word to indicate addition, attachment, connection, belonging, possession, accompaniment, or response the key to the door danced to live music comes to her call
5 -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the extent or degree (as of completeness or accuracy) loyal to a man generous to a fault or the extent and result (as of an action or a condition) beaten to death (2) to indicate the last or an intermediate point of a series moderate to cool temperatures
6 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate a relation to one that serves as a standard inferior to her earlier works (2) to indicate similarity, correspondence, dissimilarity, or proportion compared him to a god b -- used as a function word to indicate agreement or conformity add salt to taste to my knowledge c -- used as a function word to indicate a proportion in terms of numbers or quantities 400 to the box odds of ten to one
7 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the application of an adjective or a noun agreeable to everyone attitude to friends title to the property (2) to indicate the relation of a verb to its complement or to a complementary element refers to the traditions refers us to the traditions (3) to indicate the receiver of an action or the one for which something is done or exists spoke to his mother gives a dollar to the man and often used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusiveness (as of possession) or separateness had the house to themselves thought to herself b -- used as a function word to indicate agency falls to his opponent's blows
8 -- used as a function word to indicate that the following verb is an infinitive wants to go and often used by itself at the end of a clause in place of an infinitive suggested by the preceding context knows more than she seems to
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
adv. a; (Comp.: Vuelva a); hacia; para; a la salud de
prep. a; en; hacia; hasta; para
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
adv. à, à la situation antérieure; selon; à l'attention de; envers; afin de, chez, pour, vers, jusque
prép. vers; à ; par rapport à; pour
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
adv. auf; bis zu; für; mit, bis auf
prp. bis; auf; im Gegensatz zu, für, mit
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
avv. come prima; secondo; per; alla salute
prep. a; verso; da; fino a, sino a; rispetto a; per
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
adv. para a situação anterior; de acordo com; em homenagem a
prep. para, a; em contraposição a; com o intuito de
Toİngilizce To kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
bw. aan; naar; voor; een toost
vz. aan; naar; om; ondanks