ICE ile ilgili bilgilerin yer aldığı sayfamız: InterCityExpress
Ice İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) Concreted sugar.
- (noun) Water or other fluid frozen or reduced to the solid state by cold; frozen water. It is a white or transparent colorless substance, crystalline, brittle, and viscoidal. Its specific gravity (0.92, that of water at 4¡ C. being 1.0) being less than that of water, ice floats.
- (v. t.) To cover with ice; to convert into ice, or into something resembling ice.
- (v. t.) To cover with icing, or frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg; to frost, as cakes, tarts, etc.
- (v. t.) To chill or cool, as with ice; to freeze.
- (noun) Water, cream, custard, etc., sweetened, flavored, and artificially frozen.
- (noun) Any substance having the appearance of ice; as, camphor ice.
Ice tanım:Kelime: ice
Usage: often attributive
Kökeni: Middle English is, from Old English Is; akin to Old High German Is ice, Avestan isu- icy
1 a : frozen water b : a sheet or stretch of ice
2 : a substance resembling ice; especially : the solid state of a substance usually found as a gas or liquid ammonia ice in the rings of Saturn
3 : a state of coldness (as from formality or reserve)
4 a : a frozen dessert containing a flavoring (as fruit juice); especially : one containing no milk or cream b British : a serving of ice cream
5 slang : DIAMONDS; broadly : JEWELRY
6 : an undercover premium paid to a theater employee for choice theater tickets
- ice·less /'I-sl&s/ adjective
- on ice 1 : with every likelihood of being won or accomplished 2 : in reserve or safekeeping