Lotus1. anlamı Nilüfer cinsinden birçok bitkiye verilen genel ad.
2. anlamı i. nilüfer çiçeği, bot. Nymphaea lotus; hünnap, çiğde, bot. Zizyphus jujuba; ark. eski binaların üstüne süs olarak yapılan nilüfer çiçeği şekli; mit. meyvasının yiyenlere tatlı bir uyuşukluk verdiği farzolunan ağaç. lotus eater kendini hayali bi.
3. anlamı nilüfer.
4. nilüfer. lotus.
Lotus[Lotus (Lotus Development Corporation) ] i. lotus, nilüfer
Lotusnilüfer cinsinden birçok bitkiye verilen genel ad.
Lotus İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) An ornament much used in Egyptian architecture, generally asserted to have been suggested by the Egyptian water lily.
- (noun) A genus (Lotus) of leguminous plants much resembling clover.
- (noun) The lotus of the lotuseaters, probably a tree found in Northern Africa, Sicily, Portugal, and Spain (Zizyphus Lotus), the fruit of which is mildly sweet. It was fabled by the ancients to make strangers who ate of it forget their native country, or lose all desire to return to it.
- (noun) A name of several kinds of water lilies; as Nelumbium speciosum, used in religious ceremonies, anciently in Egypt, and to this day in Asia; Nelumbium luteum, the American lotus; and Nymphaea Lotus and N. caerulea, the respectively white-flowered and blue-flowered lotus of modern Egypt, which, with Nelumbium speciosum, are figured on its ancient monuments.
- (noun) The lote, or nettle tree. See Lote.
Lotus tanım:Kelime: lo·tus
Kökeni: Latin & Greek; Latin lotus, from Greek lOtos
1 also lo·tos /'lO-t&s/ : a fruit eaten by the lotus-eaters and considered to cause indolence and dreamy contentment; also : a tree (as Zizyphus lotus of the buckthorn family) reputed to bear this fruit
2 : any of various water lilies including several represented in ancient Egyptian and Hindu art and religious symbolism
3 [New Latin, from Latin] a : any of a genus (Lotus) of widely distributed upright leguminous herbs or subshrubs b : SWEET CLOVER
LotusFransızca Lotus kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. Lotus, Lotus Development Corporation, subsidiary of IBM Corporation founded in 1982, manufacturer of a wide range of software programs and computer system solutions (including the widely-used 1-2-3 spreadsheet program)
LotusAlmanca Lotus kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. bird's-foot trefoil, lotus, lotos
LotusTürkçe Lotus kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. lotos, any of a number of flowering water plants; flower which was believed to induce a state of blissful forgetfulness when eaten (Classical Mythology) n. subsidiary of IBM Corporation founded in 1982, manufacturer of a wide range of software programs and computer system solutions (including the widely-used 1-2-3 spreadsheet program) n. lotus, flower
LotusFlemenkçe Lotus kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. lotus, lotos