Increase İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. i.) Progeny; issue; offspring.
- (v. t.) To augment or make greater in bulk, quantity, extent, value, or amount, etc.; to add to; to extend; to lengthen; to enhance; to aggravate; as, to increase one's possessions, influence.
- (v. i.) To become more nearly full; to show more of the surface; to wax; as, the moon increases.
- (v. i.) The period of increasing light, or luminous phase; the waxing; -- said of the moon.
- (v. i.) That which is added to the original stock by augmentation or growth; produce; profit; interest.
- (v. i.) To multiply by the production of young; to be fertile, fruitful, or prolific.
- (v. i.) Generation.
- (v. i.) Addition or enlargement in size, extent, quantity, number, intensity, value, substance, etc.; augmentation; growth.
- (v. i.) To become greater or more in size, quantity, number, degree, value, intensity, power, authority, reputation, wealth; to grow; to augment; to advance; -- opposed to decrease.
Increase tanım:Kelime: in·crease
Söyleniş: in-'krEs, 'in-"
Türleri: in·creased; in·creas·ing
Kökeni: Middle English encresen, from Middle French encreistre, from Latin increscere, from in- crescere to grow -- more at CRESCENT
1 : to become progressively greater (as in size, amount, number, or intensity)
2 : to multiply by the production of young
1 : to make greater : AUGMENT
2 obsolete : ENRICH
- in·creas·able /-'krE-s&-b&l, -"krE-/ adjective
- in·creas·er noun
synonyms INCREASE, ENLARGE, AUGMENT, MULTIPLY mean to make or become greater. INCREASE used intransitively implies progressive growth in size, amount, or intensity his waistline increased with age ; used transitively it may imply simple not necessarily progressive addition increased her landholdings . ENLARGE implies expansion or extension that makes greater in size or capacity enlarged the kitchen . AUGMENT implies addition to what is already well grown or well developed the inheritance augmented his fortune . MULTIPLY implies increase in number by natural generation or by indefinite repetition of a process with each attempt the problems multiplied .