Pointf. sivriltmek, noktalamak, bitirmek, doğrultmak, çevirmek, göstermek, işaret etmek, sivrilmek, uç vermek, çıkmak (çıban vb), doğrultmak (silah)
i. ana fikir, nokta, husus, uç, sivri uç, oyma kalemi, puan, an, sayı, konu, mesele, anlam, amaç, neden, vurgu, özellik, etki, incelik
Point1. anlamı f. işaret etmek, göstermek;yöneltmek;hedefe nişan almak;duvar taşları arasını çimento ve harç ile doldurmak;ucunu sivriltmek;hareketsiz durup avın yerini göstermek(av köpeği),ferma etmek.point at parmakla işaret etmek; tüfeğin namlusunu hedefe çevirm.
2. anlamı ana fikir. nokta. husus. uç. sivri uç. oyma kalemi. puan. an. sayı. konu. mesele. anlam. amaç. neden. vurgu. özellik. etki. incelik. sivriltmek. noktalamak. bitirmek. doğrultmak. çevirmek. göstermek. işaret etmek. sivrilmek. uç vermek. çıkmak (çıban. yer.
PointFransızca Point kelimesinin Türkçe karşılığı.
PointAlmanca Point kelimesinin Türkçe karşılığı.
i. nokta (m), sayı (m)
PointFransızca Point kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. run, point, spot, mark, dot
Pointn. spot, pinpoint; tip, prong; essence, gist; intention; matter; small measurement used to measure font size (Computers)
v. indicate; emphasize; sharpen; direct
v. break, dawn
Point İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) The perpendicular rising of a hawk over the place where its prey has gone into cover.
- (noun) Act of pointing, as of the foot downward in certain dance positions.
- (noun) The position of the pitcher and catcher.
- (noun) In various games, a position of a certain player, or, by extension, the player himself;
- (noun) One of the raised dots used in certain systems of printing and writing for the blind. The first practical system was that devised by Louis Braille in 1829, and still used in Europe (see Braille). Two modifications of this are current in the United States: New York point founded on three bases of equidistant points arranged in two lines (viz., : :: :::), and a later improvement, American Braille, embodying the Braille base (:::) and the New-York-point principle of using the characters of few points for the commonest letters.
- (noun) The position of the player of each side who stands a short distance in front of the goal keeper; also, the player himself.
- (noun) A pointed piece of quill or bone covered at one end with vaccine matter; -- called also vaccine point.
- (noun) A spot to which a straight run is made; hence, a straight run from point to point; a cross-country run.
- (noun) One of the points of the compass (see Points of the compass, below); also, the difference between two points of the compass; as, to fall off a point.
- (noun) To indicate or discover by a fixed look, as game.
- (noun) Hence, the most prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.; the essential matter; esp., the proposition to be established; as, the point of an anecdote.
- (noun) A tyne or snag of an antler.
- (v. t. & i.) To appoint.
- (noun) Whatever serves to mark progress, rank, or relative position, or to indicate a transition from one state or position to another, degree; step; stage; hence, position or condition attained; as, a point of elevation, or of depression; the stock fell off five points; he won by tenpoints.
- (noun) A a string or lace used to tie together certain parts of the dress.
- (noun) To mark (as Hebrew) with vowel points.
- (v. i.) To indicate the presence of game by fixed and steady look, as certain hunting dogs do.
- (noun) A dot or mark used to designate certain tones or time
- (noun) A dot or mark distinguishing or characterizing certain tones or styles; as, points of perfection, of augmentation, etc.; hence, a note; a tune.
- (noun) To fill up and finish the joints of (a wall), by introducing additional cement or mortar, and bringing it to a smooth surface.
- (noun) A switch.
- (noun) A mark of punctuation; a character used to mark the divisions of a composition, or the pauses to be observed in reading, or to point off groups of figures, etc.; a stop, as a comma, a semicolon, and esp. a period; hence, figuratively, an end, or conclusion.
- (noun) A movement executed with the saber or foil; as, tierce point.
- (noun) A fielder who is stationed on the off side, about twelve or fifteen yards from, and a little in advance of, the batsman.
- (v. i.) To approximate to the surface; to head; -- said of an abscess.
- (noun) That which arrests attention, or indicates qualities or character; a salient feature; a characteristic; a peculiarity; hence, a particular; an item; a detail; as, the good or bad points of a man, a horse, a book, a story, etc.
- (noun) An instrument which pricks or pierces, as a sort of needle used by engravers, etchers, lace workers, and others; also, a pointed cutting tool, as a stone cutter's point; -- called also pointer.
- (noun) To give a point to; to sharpen; to cut, forge, grind, or file to an acute end; as, to point a dart, or a pencil. Used also figuratively; as, to point a moral.
- (noun) An indefinitely small space; a mere spot indicated or supposed. Specifically: (Geom.) That which has neither parts nor magnitude; that which has position, but has neither length, breadth, nor thickness, -- sometimes conceived of as the limit of a line; that by the motion of which a line is conceived to be produced.
- (noun) One of the spaces on a backgammon board.
- (noun) Lace wrought the needle; as, point de Venise; Brussels point. See Point lace, below.
- (noun) One of the several different parts of the escutcheon. See Escutcheon.
- (noun) Anything which tapers to a sharp, well-defined termination. Specifically: A small promontory or cape; a tract of land extending into the water beyond the common shore line.
- (noun) To supply with punctuation marks; to punctuate; as, to point a composition.
- (noun) An item of private information; a hint; a tip; a pointer.
- (v. i.) To direct the point of something, as of a finger, for the purpose of designating an object, and attracting attention to it; -- with at.
- (noun) A fixed conventional place for reference, or zero of reckoning, in the heavens, usually the intersection of two or more great circles of the sphere, and named specifically in each case according to the position intended; as, the equinoctial points; the solstitial points; the nodal points; vertical points, etc. See Equinoctial Nodal.
- (noun) An indivisible portion of time; a moment; an instant; hence, the verge.
- (noun) A short piece of cordage used in reefing sails. See Reef point, under Reef.
- (noun) A dot placed at the right hand of a note, to raise its value, or prolong its time, by one half, as to make a whole note equal to three half notes, a half note equal to three quarter notes.
- (noun) To direct toward an abject; to aim; as, to point a gun at a wolf, or a cannon at a fort.
- (noun) Hence, to direct the attention or notice of.
- (noun) A standard unit of measure for the size of type bodies, being one twelfth of the thickness of pica type. See Point system of type, under Type.
- (noun) The mark made by the end of a sharp, piercing instrument, as a needle; a prick.
- (noun) That which pricks or pierces; the sharp end of anything, esp. the sharp end of a piercing instrument, as a needle or a pin.
- (noun) To give particular prominence to; to designate in a special manner; to indicate, as if by pointing; as, the error was pointed out.
- (noun) The attitude assumed by a pointer dog when he finds game; as, the dog came to a point. See Pointer.
- (noun) A small matter; a trifle; a least consideration; a punctilio.
- (noun) To cut, as a surface, with a pointed tool.
Point tanım:Kelime: point
Kökeni: Middle English, partly from Old French, puncture, small spot, point in time or space, from Latin punctum, from neuter of punctus, pp. of pungere to prick; partly from Old French pointe sharp end, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin puncta, from Latin, feminine of punctus, past participle -- more at PUNGENT
1 a (1) : an individual detail : ITEM (2) : a distinguishing detail tact is one of her strong points b : the most important essential in a discussion or matter missed the whole point of the joke c : COGENCY
2 obsolete : physical condition
3 : an end or object to be achieved : PURPOSE did not see what point there was in continuing the discussion
4 a (1) : a geometric element of which it is postulated that at least two exist and that two suffice to determine a line (2) : a geometric element determined by an ordered set of coordinates b (1) : a narrowly localized place having a precisely indicated position walked to a point 50 yards north of the building (2) : a particular place : LOCALITY have come from distant points c (1) : an exact moment at this point I was interrupted (2) : a time interval immediately before something indicated : VERGE at the point of death d (1) : a particular step, stage, or degree in development had reached the point where nothing seemed to matter anymore (2) : a definite position in a scale
5 a : the terminal usually sharp or narrowly rounded part of something : TIP b : a weapon or tool having such a part and used for stabbing or piercing: as (1) : ARROWHEAD (2) : SPEARHEAD c (1) : the contact or discharge extremity of an electric device (as a spark plug or distributor) (2) chiefly British : an electric outlet
6 a : a projecting usually tapering piece of land or a sharp prominence b (1) : the tip of a projecting body part (2) : TINE 2 (3) plural : the extremities or markings of the extremities of an animal especially when of a color differing from the rest of the body c (1) : a railroad switch (2) : the tip of the angle between two rails in a railroad frog d : the head of the bow of a stringed instrument
7 : a short musical phrase; especially : a phrase in contrapuntal music
8 a : a very small mark b (1) : PUNCTUATION MARK; especially : PERIOD (2) : DECIMAL POINT
9 : a lace for tying parts of a garment together used especially in the 16th and 17th centuries
10 : one of usually 11 divisions of a heraldic shield that determines the position of a charge
11 a : one of the 32 equidistant spots of a compass card b : the difference of 11 1/4 degrees between two such successive points
12 : a small detachment ahead of an advance guard or behind a rear guard
13 a : NEEDLEPOINT 1 b : lace made with a bobbin
14 : one of 12 spaces marked off on each side of a backgammon board
15 : a unit of measurement: as a (1) : a unit of counting in the scoring of a game or contest (2) : a unit used in evaluating the strength of a bridge hand b : a unit of academic credit c (1) : a unit used in quoting prices (as of stocks, bonds, and commodities) (2) plural : a percentage of the face value of a loan often added as a placement fee or service charge (3) : a percentage of the profits of a business venture (as a motion-picture production) d : a unit of about 1/72 inch used especially to measure the size of type
16 : the action of pointing : as a : the rigidly intent attitude of a hunting dog marking game for a gunner b : the action in dancing of extending one leg and arching the foot so that only the tips of the toes touch the floor
17 : a position of a player in various games (as lacrosse); also : the player of such a position
18 : a number thrown on the first roll of the dice in craps which the player attempts to repeat before throwing a seven -- compare MISSOUT, PASS 13
19 : credit accruing from creating a good impression scored points for hard work
- beside the point : IRRELEVANT
- in point of : with regard to : in the matter of in point of law in point of fact
- to the point : RELEVANT, PERTINENT a suggestion that was to the point
Point ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerAim, Bespeak, Betoken, Charge, Degree, Detail, Direct, Dot, Guide, Head, Indicate, Item, Level, Luff, Maneuver, Manoeuvre, Orient, Peak, Period, Place, Sharpen, Show, Signal, Spot, Stage, Steer, Stop, Taper, Target, Tip,
Pointİngilizce Point kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. punto (tamb. en inform.); foco; sitio, punta, espigón; tanto, motivo, propósito, razón; tema, asunto; (inform.) punto, unidad pequeña de medición de tipo de letras
v. apuntar, dirigir; afilar, dar punta a; enseñar con el dedo, enfoscar
Pointİngilizce Point kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. point; pointe; remarque (droit), essence, fond; intention; affaire, matière; virgule; pointe, promotoire (Géographie); pointe, poinçon; flèche, case, pointe (Jeux); petite unité de mesure utilisée pour mesurer la taille d'une police d'impression (Informatique)
v. montrer du doigt; indiquer; appuyer; mettre le doigt sur; pointer, diriger
Pointİngilizce Point kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Pointe, Clou; Punkt, Angelpunkt; Meinung; (Computer) Punkt, kleine Maßeinheit für Zeichengrößen
v. zeigen; richten; spitzen; auszeichnen