Line1. anlamı i. çizgi, yol, hat; ip, sicim; iplik; çoğ. dizgin; ölçme ipi; olta ipi; satır, mısra; hudut hattı; seri, dizi; ekvator çizgisi; enlem veya boylam dairesi, mat. eni ve kalınlığı olmayan çizgi, geometrik çizgi; plan, desen, şekil; sıra; kısa mektu.
2. anlamı çizgi. hiza. hat. sıra. halat. satır. dize. kuyruk. kablo. bilgi. yöntem. iş kolu. çizmek. çizgi çizmek. kırıştırmak. astarlamak. kaplamak. doldurmak. (with ile) içini kaplamak. sıra oluşturmak. yol. sınır belirten çizgi. dizi. saf. ip. sicim. olta ipi. t.
Line İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) A number of shares taken by a jobber.
- (noun) A row of letters, words, etc., written or printed; esp., a row of words extending across a page or column.
- (noun) Instruction; doctrine.
- (noun) The equator; -- usually called the line, or equinoctial line; as, to cross the line.
- (noun) Dispositions made to cover extended positions, and presenting a front in but one direction to an enemy.
- (noun) A measure of length; one twelfth of an inch.
- (v. t.) To put something in the inside of; to fill; to supply, as a purse with money.
- (noun) The exterior limit of a figure, plat, or territory; boundary; contour; outline.
- (noun) Course of conduct, thought, occupation, or policy; method of argument; department of industry, trade, or intellectual activity.
- (noun) A circle of latitude or of longitude, as represented on a map.
- (noun) Direction; as, the line of sight or vision.
- (noun) A trench or rampart.
- (noun) The proper relative position or adjustment of parts, not as to design or proportion, but with reference to smooth working; as, the engine is in line or out of line.
- (noun) A connected series of public conveyances, and hence, an established arrangement for forwarding merchandise, etc.; as, a line of stages; an express line.
- (noun) That which has length, but not breadth or thickness.
- (v. t.) To form into a line; to align; as, to line troops.
- (noun) The longer and finer fiber of flax.
- (noun) The wire connecting one telegraphic station with another, or the whole of a system of telegraph wires under one management and name.
- (v. t.) To impregnate; -- applied to brute animals.
- (noun) A verse, or the words which form a certain number of feet, according to the measure.
- (noun) A series of various qualities and values of the same general class of articles; as, a full line of hosiery; a line of merinos, etc.
- (v. t.) To read or repeat line by line; as, to line out a hymn.
- (v. t.) To represent by lines; to delineate; to portray.
- (noun) The regular infantry of an army, as distinguished from militia, guards, volunteer corps, cavalry, artillery, etc.
- (v. t.) To mark with a line or lines; to cover with lines; as, to line a copy book.
- (noun) A series or succession of ancestors or descendants of a given person; a family or race; as, the ascending or descending line; the line of descent; the male line; a line of kings.
- (noun) A row of men who are abreast of one another, whether side by side or some distance apart; -- opposed to column.
- (noun) A linen thread or string; a slender, strong cord; also, a cord of any thickness; a rope; a hawser; as, a fishing line; a line for snaring birds; a clothesline; a towline.
- (noun) Lineament; feature; figure.
- (noun) The course followed by anything in motion; hence, a road or route; as, the arrow descended in a curved line; the place is remote from lines of travel.
- (noun) The track and roadbed of a railway; railroad.
- (noun) Form of a vessel as shown by the outlines of vertical, horizontal, and oblique sections.
- (noun) A straight row; a continued series or rank; as, a line of houses, or of soldiers; a line of barriers.
- (noun) One of the straight horizontal and parallel prolonged strokes on and between which the notes are placed.
- (v. t.) To cover the inner surface of; as, to line a cloak with silk or fur; to line a box with paper or tin.
- (v. t.) To place persons or things along the side of for security or defense; to strengthen by adding anything; to fortify; as, to line works with soldiers.
- (noun) A more or less threadlike mark of pen, pencil, or graver; any long mark; as, a chalk line.
- (noun) A threadlike crease marking the face or the hand; hence, characteristic mark.
- (noun) The reins with which a horse is guided by his driver.
- (noun) A short letter; a note; as, a line from a friend.
- (noun) That which was measured by a line, as a field or any piece of land set apart; hence, allotted place of abode.
- (noun) A long tape, or a narrow ribbon of steel, etc., marked with subdivisions, as feet and inches, for measuring; a tapeline.
- (noun) Flax; linen.
- (noun) A measuring line or cord.
Line tanım:Kelime: line
Usage: often attributive
Kökeni: Middle English; partly from Old French ligne, from Latin linea, from feminine of lineus made of flax, from linum flax; partly from Old English lIne; akin to Old English lIn flax -- more at LINEN
1 a : THREAD, STRING, CORD, ROPE: as (1) : a comparatively strong slender cord (2) : CLOTHESLINE (3) : a rope used on shipboard b (1) : a device for catching fish consisting of a cord with hooks and other fishing gear (2) : scope for activity : ROPE c : a length of material used in measuring and leveling d : piping for conveying a fluid (as steam) e (1) : a wire or pair of wires connecting one telegraph or telephone station with another or a whole system of such wires; also : any circuit in an electronic communication system (2) : a telephone connection tried to get a line ; also : an individual telephone extension a call on line 2 (3) : the principal circuits of an electric power system
2 a (1) : a horizontal row of written or printed characters; also : a blank row in lieu of such characters (2) : a unit in the rhythmic structure of verse formed by the grouping of a number of the smallest units of the rhythm (as metrical feet) (3) : an often numbered section of a computer program containing a single command or a small number of commands b : a short letter : NOTE c plural : a certificate of marriage d : the words making up a part in a drama -- usually used in plural e : any of the successive horizontal rows of picture elements on the screen of a cathode-ray tube (as a television screen)
3 a : something (as a ridge or seam) that is distinct, elongated, and narrow b : a narrow crease (as on the face) : WRINKLE c : the course or direction of something in motion : ROUTE d (1) : a state of agreement or conformity : ACCORDANCE (2) : a state of order, control, or obedience you're getting out of line e : a boundary of an area the state line f : the track and roadbed of a railway g : an amount of cocaine that is arranged in a line to be inhaled through the nose
4 a : a course of conduct, action, or thought b : a field of activity or interest c : a glib often persuasive way of talking
5 a : LIMIT, RESTRAINT b archaic : position in life : LOT
6 a (1) : FAMILY, LINEAGE (2) : a strain produced and maintained especially by selective breeding or biological culture (3) : a chronological series b : dispositions made to cover extended military positions and presenting a front to the enemy -- usually used in plural c : a military formation in which the different elements are abreast of each other d : naval ships arranged in a regular order e (1) : the combatant forces of an army distinguished from the staff corps and supply services (2) : the force of a regular navy f (1) : officers of the navy eligible for command at sea distinguished from officers of the staff (2) : officers of the army belonging to a combatant branch g : an arrangement or placement of persons or objects of one kind in an orderly series a line of trees stand on line waiting in line ; also : the persons or objects so positioned the line moved slowly at the bank h (1) : a group of public conveyances plying regularly under one management over a route (2) : a system of transportation together with its equipment, routes, and appurtenances; also : the company owning or operating it i : a succession of musical notes especially considered in melodic phrases j (1) : an arrangement of operations in manufacturing permitting sequential occurrence on various stages of production (2) : the personnel of an organization that are responsible for its stated objective k (1) : the 7 players including center, 2 guards, 2 tackles, and 2 ends who in offensive football play line up on or within one foot of the line of scrimmage (2) : the players who in defensive play line up within one yard of the line of scrimmage
7 : a narrow elongated mark drawn or projected: as a (1) : a circle of latitude or longitude on a map (2) : EQUATOR b : a mark (as on a map) recording a boundary, division, or contour c : any of the horizontal parallel strokes on a music staff on or between which notes are placed -- compare SPACE d : a mark (as by pencil) that forms part of the formal design of a picture distinguished from the shading or color e : a division on a bridge score dividing the score for bonuses from that for tricks f (1) : a demarcation of a limit with reference to which the playing of some game or sport is regulated -- usually used in combination (2) : a marked or imaginary line across a playing area (as a football field) parallel to the end line (3) : LINE OF SCRIMMAGE
8 : a straight or curved geometric element that is generated by a moving point and that has extension only along the path of the point : CURVE
9 a : a defining outline : CONTOUR b : a general plan : MODEL -- usually used in plural
10 a chiefly British : PICA -- used to indicate the size of large type b : the unit of fineness of halftones expressed as the number of screen lines to the linear inch
11 : merchandise or services of the same general class for sale or regularly available
12 a : a source of information : INSIGHT b : betting odds offered by a bookmaker especially on a sporting event
13 : a complete game of 10 frames in bowling -- called also string
14 : LINE DRIVE
- liny also lin·ey /'lI-nE/ adjective
- between the lines 1 : by implication : in an indirect way 2 : by way of inference
- down the line : all the way : FULLY
- in line for : due or in a position to receive
- on line : in or into operation
- on the line 1 : in complete commitment and at great risk puts his future on the line by backing that policy 2 : on the border between two categories 3 : IMMEDIATELY paid cash on the line
Line ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerAir, Ancestry, Argumentation, Blood, Business, Cable, Channel, Contrast, Course, Crease, Crinkle, Delineate, Demarcation, Descent, Describe, Draw, Furrow, Job, Lineage, Melody, Note, Occupation, Origin, Outline, Parentage, Pedigree, Seam, Stock, Strain, Trace, Tune, Wrinkle,
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. línea, raya; fila, andana, cola, hila, hilada, hilera; renglón, verso; especialidad, campo de trabajo, rama; curso; cordel, cordón v. revestir, aplicar un recubrimiento a, forrar, recubrir; rayar
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. ligne; rangée; limite; domaine; fil conducteur; corde; file; compagnie; ride; dynastie; programme; profession v. ligner, régler; faire des lignes; tapisser; renforcer; doubler; se rider; emplir (poche)
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Leitung; Kabel; Linie; Gerade; Zeile; Kampflinie; Telefonlinie; Schnur; Reihe; Schlange; Strich; Dynastie; Zügel; Schicksal v. antreten, Aufstellung nehmen (Soldaten); sich anstellen (Reihe); auskleiden; füttern (Kleid); füllen (Taschen)
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. linea; riga, rigo; (metr.) verso; (fam.) letterina, due righe; filo, corda, cordicella, fune; ruga, solco, grinza; limite; linea di separazione; fila, filare; coda; direzione v. essere allineato lungo, allinearsi lungo; bordare; fiancheggiare; segnare di rughe, rendere rugoso; tracciare righe su, rigare; mettere in fila, allineare
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. linha; fila; limite; ramo; linha de ação; corda; programa; profissão; descrição v. encarreirar; demarcar; sinalizar; marcas com linhas; estender; fortificar; forrar; encher (bolso)
Linef. çizmek, çizgi çizmek, kırıştırmak, astarlamak, kaplamak, doldurmak i. çizgi, hiza, hat, sıra, halat, satır, dize, kuyruk, kablo, bilgi, yöntem, işkolu
Lineİngilizce Line kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
zn. regel; streep; snoer; lijn; rij; generatie; beroep ww. opstellen in rijen; markeren; bekleden; versterken; ribbelen; vullen (van een zak)