WorkWork, şu anlamlara gelebilir:
Work1. anlamı , yapılmış, work işle/çalıştır/çalış, iş, işi; işe yaramak, etkili olmak, işleme, oynatmak, yapıt, iş, işletmek, koparmak sızdırmak çalı, işyeri, meşguliyet, meşgul olmak, çalışma, iş yapmak, çalışmak, mayalanmak, oynamak, çabalamak, görev, seğirmek, ese.
2. anlamı iş. meşguliyet. çalışma. işyeri. emek. görev. yapıt. eser. işleme. çalışmak. çabalamak. iş yapmak. işlemek. işe yaramak. başarılı olmak. etkili olmak. meşgul olmak. seğirmek. oynamak. mayalanmak. işletmek. oynatmak. koparmak (para). sızdırmak (para). çalı.
Workf. çalışmak, çabalamak, iş yapmak, işlemek, işletmek; işe yaramak; başarılı olmak; etkili olmak; meşgul olmak; seğirmek; oynamak; mayalanmak; oynatmak; koparmak (para); sızdırmak (para)
i. iş, meşguliyet, çalışma, işyeri, görev; yapıt, eser, emek; işleme
Work İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) The causing of motion against a resisting force, measured by the product of the force into the component of the motion resolved along the direction of the force.
- (noun) Break; twist.
- (noun) Ore before it is dressed.
- (noun) Structures in civil, military, or naval engineering, as docks, bridges, embankments, trenches, fortifications, and the like; also, the structures and grounds of a manufacturing establishment; as, iron works; locomotive works; gas works.
- (noun) Hence, figuratively, to be effective; to have effect or influence; to conduce.
- (noun) The moving parts of a mechanism; as, the works of a watch.
- (noun) Specifically: (a) That which is produced by mental labor; a composition; a book; as, a work, or the works, of Addison. (b) Flowers, figures, or the like, wrought with the needle; embroidery.
- (noun) Hence, in a general sense, to operate; to act; to perform; as, a machine works well.
- (noun) That which is produced as the result of labor; anything accomplished by exertion or toil; product; performance; fabric; manufacture; in a more general sense, act, deed, service, effect, result, achievement, feat.
- (noun) To be in a state of severe exertion, or as if in such a state; to be tossed or agitated; to move heavily; to strain; to labor; as, a ship works in a heavy sea.
- (noun) Manner of working; management; treatment; as, unskillful work spoiled the effect.
- (noun) To make one's way slowly and with difficulty; to move or penetrate laboriously; to proceed with effort; -- with a following preposition, as down, out, into, up, through, and the like; as, scheme works out by degrees; to work into the earth.
- (noun) To ferment, as a liquid.
- (v. t.) To produce by slow degrees, or as if laboriously; to bring gradually into any state by action or motion.
- (v. t.) To labor or operate upon; to give exertion and effort to; to prepare for use, or to utilize, by labor.
- (noun) The matter on which one is at work; that upon which one spends labor; material for working upon; subject of exertion; the thing occupying one; business; duty; as, to take up one's work; to drop one's work.
- (v. t.) To influence by acting upon; to prevail upon; to manage; to lead.
- (v. t.) To produce or form by labor; to bring forth by exertion or toil; to accomplish; to originate; to effect; as, to work wood or iron into a form desired, or into a utensil; to work cotton or wool into cloth.
- (v. t.) To cause to ferment, as liquor.
- (noun) Performance of moral duties; righteous conduct.
- (v. t.) To form with a needle and thread or yarn; especially, to embroider; as, to work muslin.
- (noun) To act or operate on the stomach and bowels, as a cathartic.
- (noun) To exert one's self for a purpose; to put forth effort for the attainment of an object; to labor; to be engaged in the performance of a task, a duty, or the like.
- (v. t.) To set in motion or action; to direct the action of; to keep at work; to govern; to manage; as, to work a machine.
- (noun) The causing of motion against a resisting force. The amount of work is proportioned to, and is measured by, the product of the force into the amount of motion along the direction of the force. See Conservation of energy, under Conservation, Unit of work, under Unit, also Foot pound, Horse power, Poundal, and Erg.
- (noun) To carry on business; to be engaged or employed customarily; to perform the part of a laborer; to labor; to toil.
- (noun) Ore before it is dressed.
- (noun) Exertion of strength or faculties; physical or intellectual effort directed to an end; industrial activity; toil; employment; sometimes, specifically, physically labor.
Work tanım:Kelime: work
Kökeni: Middle English werk, work, from Old English werc, weorc; akin to Old High German werc work, Greek ergon, Avestan var&zem activity
1 : activity in which one exerts strength or faculties to do or perform something: a : sustained physical or mental effort to overcome obstacles and achieve an objective or result b : the labor, task, or duty that is one's accustomed means of livelihood c : a specific task, duty, function, or assignment often being a part or phase of some larger activity
2 a : energy expended by natural phenomena b : the result of such energy sand dunes are the work of sea and wind c : the transference of energy that is produced by the motion of the point of application of a force and is measured by multiplying the force and the displacement of its point of application in the line of action
3 a : something that results from a particular manner or method of working, operating, or devising careful police work clever camera work b : something that results from the use or fashioning of a particular material porcelain work
4 a : a fortified structure (as a fort, earthen barricade, or trench) b plural : structures in engineering (as docks, bridges, or embankments) or mining (as shafts or tunnels)
5 plural but singular or plural in construction : a place where industrial labor is carried on : PLANT, FACTORY
6 plural : the working or moving parts of a mechanism works of a clock
7 a : something produced or accomplished by effort, exertion, or exercise of skill this book is the work of many hands b : something produced by the exercise of creative talent or expenditure of creative effort : artistic production
8 plural : performance of moral or religious acts salvation by works
9 a : effective operation : EFFECT, RESULT wait for time to do its healing work b : manner of working : WORKMANSHIP, EXECUTION
10 : the material or piece of material that is operated upon at any stage in the process of manufacture
11 plural a : everything possessed, available, or belonging the whole works, rod, reel, tackle box, went overboard ordered pizza with the works b : subjection to drastic treatment : all possible abuse -- usually used with get get the works or give gave them the works
- at work 1 : engaged in working : BUSY esp : engaged in one's regular occupation 2 : having effect : OPERATING, FUNCTIONING
- in the works : in process of preparation, development, or completion
- in work 1 : in process of being done 2 of a horse : in training
- out of work : without regular employment : JOBLESS
synonyms WORK, LABOR, TRAVAIL, TOIL, DRUDGERY, GRIND mean activity involving effort or exertion. WORK may imply activity of body, of mind, of a machine, or of a natural force too tired to do any work . LABOR applies to physical or intellectual work involving great and often strenuous exertion farmers demanding fair compensation for their labor . TRAVAIL is bookish for labor involving pain or suffering years of travail were lost when the house burned . TOIL implies prolonged and fatiguing labor his lot would be years of back-breaking toil . DRUDGERY suggests dull and irksome labor an editorial job with a good deal of drudgery . GRIND implies labor exhausting to mind or body the grind of the assembly line .
synonyms WORK, EMPLOYMENT, OCCUPATION, CALLING, PURSUIT, Métier, BUSINESS mean a specific sustained activity engaged in especially in earning one's living. WORK may apply to any purposeful activity whether remunerative or not her work as a hospital volunteer . EMPLOYMENT implies work for which one has been engaged and is being paid by an employer your employment with this firm is hereby terminated . OCCUPATION implies work in which one engages regularly especially as a result of training his occupation as a trained auto mechanic . CALLING applies to an occupation viewed as a vocation or profession the ministry seemed my true calling . PURSUIT suggests a trade, profession, or avocation followed with zeal or steady interest her family considered medicine the only proper pursuit . Métier implies a calling or pursuit for which one believes oneself to be especially fitted acting was my one and only métier . BUSINESS suggests activity in commerce or the management of money and affairs the business of managing a hotel .
Work ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerAct, Bring, Crop, Cultivate, Employment, Exercise, Exploit, Ferment, Forge, Form, Function, Go, Influence, Knead, Lick, Make, Mold, Mould, Operate, Play, Process, Run, Shape, Solve, Sour, Study, Turn, Wreak,
Work ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelerIdle, Laze, Slug, Stagnate,
Workn. labor; task; profession; occupation; vocation; place of work; creation; deed; action; effort
v. labor; act; operate; activate; process; succeed; cause; manage; solve; advance with difficulty
adj. of labor
Workİngilizce Work kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. trabajo, faena, labor, obra, tarea; composición, pieza; empleo
v. trabajar, currar, faenar, laborar; operar, andar, funcionar, marchar, obrar; surtir efecto, dar efecto; procesar
adj. de trabajo, de obra, laboral
Workİngilizce Work kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. travail; ouvrage, besogne, tâche; profession; activité; lieu de travail; le fait de tendre la main; création; oeuvre; action; effort
v. travailler; fonctionner; aller; marcher; occasionner; faire travailler, faire fonctionner; diriger; résoudre; progresser difficilement
adj. de travail
Workİngilizce Work kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Arbeit, Tätigkeit; Beruf; Handwerk; Werk; Leistung; Arbeitsplatz
v. arbeiten; bearbeiten; funktionieren, Dienst machen; schaffen; erbringen; leisten; wirken; laufen (Maschine); bedienen, betätigen
Workİngilizce Work kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. lavoro; attività, opera; impiego, occupazione; esecuzione, fattura, lavorazione; pezzo da lavoro, pezzo in lavorazione; (Mil) fortificazione, opera fortificata; (Minier) minerale grezzo
v. lavorare, svolgere un'attività, fare un lavoro; funzionare, essere in funzione, andare; essere efficace, riuscire; avanzare con difficoltà
Workİngilizce Work kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. trabalho; profissão; reino; ocupação; local de trabalho; criação; ato; esforço
v. trabalhar; agir; funcionar; causar; organizar; resolver; desenvolver-se; operar; realizar; investigar
adj. de trabalho